Live Event Paintings

I paint oil paintings, live, at wedding receptions and events, anywhere in the world. Click my profile to find my email, or call (206) 382-7413.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Caricatures




This last weekend I worked a wedding in the old fashioned way. Using india ink and a sable brush, I drew about 150 caricatures. My first caricature gig was in 1987 or 88, as a student at the Art Institute of Seattle. But my first published caricature was of Ronald Reagan, during his 1980 campaign, for the Lewiston Morning Tribune, in Lewiston Idaho. I was a freshman in high school. I’ve since illustrated funny head pix for publications of larger circulation, such as Reader’s Digest.
I still love doing this at events. It’s great wrist practice to draw so many faces, and I am genuinely intrigued by every one of them. Weddings are especially fun, because so many of the sitters share common facial features, being related by family and all.

$500 for the first three hours, $125/hr thereafter.

No comments: