Live Event Paintings

I paint oil paintings, live, at wedding receptions and events, anywhere in the world. Click my profile to find my email, or call (206) 382-7413.

Thursday, October 22, 2015

A Rainy Seattle Wedding

-->
Lyon-Mickiewicz Wedding, by Sam Day,  24 x 30 inches, oil on canvas


Labor Day weekend is most often sunny in the Seattle region, but moisture is never entirely unexpected.
The Lyon-Mickiewicz wedding was held in Issaquah, Washington, an eastern suburb. The weather prediction was partly cloudy, with a minority chance of rain in the late evening. What we got was a booming late summer thundershower at the end of the cocktail hour, followed by a downpour, which settled into a steady rain. Fortunately, we all fit under this lovely party tent, and the festivities continued cheerily
Reception detail
But moving my easel, after I’ve commenced a painting, changes my view.  So I made a rare exception and finished the painting back at the studio. Happily, the couple had had time before the ceremony, after picture taking, to stand for a few minutes for me to paint them. Al I needed to do was a little touch up, some recognizable faces in the distant crowd, and finish the puddles of rain on what was meant to be the dance floor.
The very practical couple felt it was representative of a memorable night.

No comments: